Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Grand Teton In A Day



I had always wanted to climb the Regular Exum route on the Grand in a day.  Luckily, I had a  very willing accomplice in Russell, my son.  He is super fit and strong...a perfect person to do it with.  And a dream come true for me!


After a 3 AM start we finally got to some of the business around 7 AM.  Here is Russ climbing through the Eye of the Needle.


At the start of the Wall Street "step around" we were bogged down by other parties and waited about an hour.  I'm not a good wait-around kind of guy.


Finally up high on the route.  The sky is hazy from nearby fires but the view is still incredible!!!!



Nearing the top. Russell in fine fettle.



Ze top at noon.  Cold wind, Subway sandwiches and Clif bars.



Coming down from the Lower Saddle.  Only 7 miles of feet-trashing, gut-busting hiking to go!



At the car.  Can you say, "Fun, fun, fun!"



All in all, it was an incredible experience to share one my favorite places with my son.  He is definitely a gamer, and I can't wait for the next "In A Day" project with him!

No comments: